Monday, July 23, 2007

Ooooooo...New Yarn!!!!



The ribbon yarn I ordered from Katsara Yarn arrived today! Above are the two hanks, side-by-side. It is beautiful! I ordered the slinky ribbon in colorway Sojourn. This yarn will be knitted into Ilga Lega's Skin of the Sea vest. This is a little different than the yarn the pattern calls for, but I think it will be great! I can see that the yarn is not going to be easy to work with though. It is VERY slippery, but I like the idea of a very drapey, slinky vest.


Meanwhile, the cable sweater for my nephew is well underway. I have the back finished and am working on the front now. I am really pleased with the way the King Tut yarn shows off the cables. It has just a hint of sheen, more like a slight luster, and the cables look great! I hope to have his sweater finished by the time we leave on vacation a week from Thursday! I am fighting with myself to keep working on his sweater, and not put it aside to dive into the new yarn! So far, the "good little knitter" side is winning!

1 comment:

Incognito said...

To be linked from lots of other sites and to be deemed more popular and get a higher ranking in search results - Join Viralink